The Cardiff University Postgraduate Taught International Scholarships is offered by the university to international students. Scholarships are to be used for entry in academic year 2014/15 only. If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University, you will lose your scholarship and will need to re-apply again in the following year. These scholarships are only available to self-funded students. Students must satisfy certain financial requirements as part of their visa application for study in the UK and students should not be solely relying on receiving a scholarship to meet the UKBA financial requirements.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- You must be confirmed as an Overseas Student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter).*
- You must fully complete the application form with the supporting statements as directed. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- You must return the completed application form by the deadline. Applications received after this date will not be accepted. Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Any applications not sent to this email account will not be considered.
- Cardiff University must have received your application for an academic course by 1300 (GMT) Tuesday 30th April 2014. You must have received, and firmly accepted, a conditional or unconditional offer by the deadline of 1300 (GMT) Friday 30th May 2014**
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught applicants for the International Scholarships must have received a conditional or unconditional offer for the 2014/15 academic year. Undergraduate applicants must have accepted Cardiff University as their Firm choice on the UCAS system by 1300 (GMT) Friday 30th May 2014. Postgraduate Taught applicants must have accepted their offer via the Cardiff University SIMS online application service by 1300 (GMT) Friday 31st May 2014.
If you are not sure about your eligibility for these scholarships or have any queries, please contact the International Office for advice at email@example.com
3 x Full Tuition Fee awards
These awards will cover tuition fees for students studying Postgraduate Taught courses (upto a maximum of £17,000 for no more than 1 year).
Duration of Scholarship:
- Undergraduate scholarships are for a maximum of three consecutive years (interruption of study, study abroad year, sandwich years are not eligible as part of the fund). If students are required to resit a year of study, then they will not receive any further funding.
- Postgraduate Taught scholarships are available for a maximum of one academic year. Students studying a course which lasts longer than one year will not receive any further funding for additional years.
1300 (GMT) Friday 30th May 2014.
How to Apply
The International Scholarship Fund application form will be available when you have firmly accepted a conditional or unconditional offer to study at Cardiff University and will be available to download from your SIMS online application account. If the application form is not available please email internationalscholarships[at]cardiff.ac.uk so that we may advise you.
Visit Scholarships Webpage for details