Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) are towards a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
Field(s) of study:
Programmes in social sciences and/or
humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Number of Scholarships:
Up to 167 scholarships are awarded annually
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
The scholarships is worth $50,000 per year for three years.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
• be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
• be pursuing your first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
• intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or
MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
• have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2016;
• have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition
of a first-class average; and
• not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Candidates must be nominated by the university at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications are initiated in one of two ways. Either the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the
Vanier CGS program OR the institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application
system. The nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 4 November 2015.
Visit the official website to access the application form and to know the complete details on how to apply for this
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/