Roles and responsibilities
• Responsible for the financial well-being of the company.
• Ensure finances are being managed responsibly and accurately.
• Document financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports. Prepare statutory reports.
• Validate financial reports.
• Organise and keep track of all financial debits and credits
• Provide unbiased advice to the person or business they represent in regards to spending, buying, saving money, clients, investors, creditors and all other financial avenues.
• Responsible for conducting audits or supporting external audits to stay updated on all of the financial activity to ensure finances are in order.
• Handle balance sheets, preparation of financial statements and tax reports as well as preparing state and federal taxes.
• Prepare profit and lost statements along with monthly closing and cost records.
• Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
*Not necessarily Chartered*
1. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an accounting role.
2. A minimum of 2 years audit and tax experience.
3. Excellent communication skill
5. Strong organizational skill
6. Good working knowledge of Computers
7. Strong ability to analyze, interpret and report financial data. 8. Very good experience of Accounting software packages
9. Good use of initiative and Ability to pay attention to details 10. Ability to work5 under pressure
11. Good time management skill
12. Full knowledge of all laws relating to legal requirements, special laws that may apply and deadlines to ensure the proper handling of all tax related issues.
Work experience 4 – 6 years
Deadline February 9, 2014