Japanese Government is calling for application for undergraduate, masters and research scholarships for international students who wish to study in Japan in 2017/18 academic session.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) is offering scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate and Masters students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program for 2018.
Type: Japanese Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarship. Scholarship is available in four categories:
- Research students
- Undergraduate students
- College of Technology students
- Specialized Training College students
Value of Scholarship:
- -Allowance: The amount of the scholarship disbursement per month has yet to be determined.
- -Transportation to Japan
- -Transportation from Japan: The recipient who returns to his/her home country within the fixed period after the expiration of his/her scholarship will be supplied, upon application, with an economy-class airplane ticket for travel from the New Tokyo International Airport or any other international airport that the appointed university usually uses to the international airport nearest to his/her home address
- -Tuition and Other Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be borne by the Japanese Government.
Visit the general scholarship webpage for details. For country specific details, please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.
Sponsors: The Japanese Government’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
Important Notes: Please note that applications forms for the current exercise is clearly marked – (2018). Applications made with the 2017 forms will, therefore, not be processed by the Embassy.