Do you know that as a current student of any university in Africa, you can move to the United States of America for a 10 months fully sponsored scholarship and Youths Exchange Study (YES) program? This opportunity is golden!
The African Students exchange program for 2018 is sponsored by the Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange in conjunction with the Study Programme and the Department of State. Application is open till 25th September 2017.
Duration Of Program: 10 months. August 2018 – June 2019
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be South Africans
- be born between 01/01/2001 and 01/08/2003.
- be enrolled in a secondary school at time of application.
- Have the equivalent of a B average or better without failing grades (no grades below 50%)
- Have not yet completed more than 11 years of primary education nor received a high school matric certificate.
- be able to speak and understand English.
- be able to complete a preliminary application and have a teacher complete the school recommendation and email them to AFS at firstname.lastname@example.org
- have a valid passport, or are able to apply for one.
- must be Open-Minded, Flexible and Independent
- Be able to transport yourself to the region closest to your city for the selection day. The three regions are Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
All interested and eligible applicants are required to start their online application by downloading the application form from the Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Programme and the Department of State website.
Students from other countries and those who are not qualified for this YES program can check other funding and free education options in the United States by visiting this url: http://afrischolarships.com/category/united-states-of-america/