This is to announce the start of application for a fully funded scholarship program at the Smithsonian Institute in the United States of America. Applicants are going to receive educational funding of between $4,000 to $50,400 depending on their study programs. Application is open for 2018!
The Smithsonian Institute, established on August 10, 1846 “for the increase and diffusion of knowledge”, is a group of museums and research centers administered by the Government of the United States. The institution is named after its founding donor, British scientist James Smithson.
The following scholarships are offered. Candidates are hereby informed that all online applications are expected to be completed on or before December 1, 2017 for 2018 resumption of academic activities. The amount payable depends on the program candidates are enrolling for.
- Graduate Student Fellowship**: $7,500.00 for 10 weeks.
- Predoctoral Fellowship: $36,000 annually; research allowance up to $4,000.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $50,400 annually; research allowance up to $4,000.
- Senior Fellowship: $50,400 annually; research allowance up to $4,000.
To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- have the ability to write and converse fluently in English. All application materials must be presented in English (foreign transcripts may be translated, see below).
- have completed their undergraduate degree program
The Smithsonian OnLine Academic Appointments system can be used to apply for Internships, Fellowships and other Academic Appointments. Check their website for details and application form.