The Mastercard Foundation is offering fully funded scholarships to International Students from Africa to study at the University Of California, Berkeley United States of America. Applications are invited from students wishing to start their program by 2018.
This Masterscard Foundation Scholarship program will provide holistic support – financial, academic, social, and career counselling to students from any African from 2018 to 2020.
- Masters: Varies by Program (Deadlines of applicable Fields of Study fall between 1st December 2017 and 6th January 2018).
- MBA: 21st September 2017
Field of study Accepted
- Architecture (M.Arch)
- Art (MFA)
- Business Administration (MBA)*
- City & Regional Planning (MCP)
- Development Practice (MDP)
- Education (DMS, EMST, or MUSE)
- Energy & Resources (ERG)
- Engineering (M.Eng, MS)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), various concentrations
- Master of Science Civil and Environmental Engineering (MS)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MS)
- Mechanical Engineering (MS)
- Folklore (MA)
- Journalism (MJ)
- Information Management & Systems (MIMS)
- Public Health (MPH), various concentrations
- Public Policy (MPP)
- Social Welfare (MSW)
- MBA. However, a student would need to secure additional funding from Haas Business School through obtaining Haas scholarships, which requires meeting the Round One application deadline (21st September 2017)
To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program. Application is open on their website.