Are you a student interested in pursuing a degree in Digital Learning Area of Professional Focus abroad? Hurry now and apply for the 2018 DCU Doctor Of Education (EdD) Scholarship For EU And Non-EU Students In Ireland.The DCU Institute of Education in association with the National Institute for Digital Learning (NIDL) is offering Scholarships for Digital Learning Area of Professional Focus for students wishing to commence on the Doctor of Education (EdD) programme in August 2018. See details below for more information.
Scholarship is awarded to pursue Doctor of Education (EdD) programme.
Field of study:
Scholarship is open in the field Digital Learning Area of Professional Focus.
Each scholarship will cover 50% payment of EdD programme registration fees for the first two years of the programme.
Number of Scholarships:
A maximum of two scholarships will be offered (subject to candidates meeting the threshold requirements of the scholarship application process).
Host Country of Scholarship:
Eligibility Country Of Scholarship:
Scholarship is open for EU and Non EU nationals.
Are You Eligible To Apply For The 2018 DCU Doctor Of Education (EdD) Scholarship For EU And Non-EU Students In Ireland?
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following;
- For the educational leadership and evaluation APF, applicants must hold or have held a position involving managerial responsibility for at least four years (pre- or post-masters).
- Applicants for the religious education APF must hold or have held a position in religious education or related field for at least four years (pre- or post-masters).
- The minimum entry requirements for the programme is a second class or higher Master’s degree (or equivalent) in education or a specific discipline area appropriate for one of the Areas of Professional Focus.
- In exceptional circumstances, the Programme Board shall make appropriate recommendations to Academic Council for candidates who do not fully meet these criteria. In all cases, such recommendations shall be approved in accordance with the University’s APEL guidelines and in line with general University regulations.
As part of the application process, applicant will submit a draft 1500 word proposal addressing the following issues:
- A broad outline of the area of the research the candidate would like to pursue
- Reasons for choosing this area and the likely benefits that might accrue from it
- The nature of the candidate’s experience relevant to this research
- A formal, more developed, research proposal will be submitted at the end of year two.
- Applicants must meet the DCU’s English Language Requirements. Click Here for more information on the English Requirements.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicant who wish to be eligible for one of these scholarships should first proceed with the standard EdD application process as outlined here https://www.dcu.ie/courses/Postgraduate/institute_of_education/Doctorate-Education.shtml#tab5. This involves the submission of an Expression of Interest Form plus a 1500 word draft research proposal (see the above link for full details).
- Applicant must complete the ‘EdD Digital Learning APF Scholarship Application Form’ by Clicking Here.
- Only the scholarship applications for those applicants who are deemed qualified to proceed to phase 2 of the EdD application process (interview) will be considered. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis, and will be assessed using the following criteria:
(a) Academic Record (e.g. prior academic record, prior relevant business/work experience, academic reference) [40%]
(b) Quality and Relevance of Research Proposal, and Reasons for applying for scholarship for EdD Digital Learning APF at this time [60%]
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their scholarship application prior to interview.
- Scholarships will be awarded to the successful candidates upon final registration (through PAC) for the Digital Learning APF of the EdD Programme.
All documents must be completed before submission. Required EdD Expression of Interest Form and Research proposal are the most important documents to be submitted.
Application Closing Date:
June 4, 2018.
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/