The Development Co-operation (IRO), a branch of the University council at Katholieke Universiteit in Flanders is offering scholarships to international students to undertake their degree program in the institution.
The programme is managed by IRO, the University’s Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation. The aim is to give students the opportunity to do their full PhD research at KU Leuven; therefore, other types of agreement (e.g. sandwich programmes) are excluded from the programme.
All students from any Developing Country are welcome to apply. The university management has stipulated that all online applications take place on or before 13th November 2017, for the program beginning 1st October 2018.
This scholarships covers Tuition fee, Health and Life Insurances, partner and child allowances, monthly stipend, travel.
Duration Of Scholarship:
- PhD: 48 months (4 years)
- Pre-doctoral programme: 12 extra months (1 year)
Application: Interested applicants must follow the application procedure and complete his file before November 13th 2017. Please make sure to fill up the application form with the following instructions:
- First name and last name EXACTLY as written on the passport.
- Status: Doctoral Programme (diploma contract) or Predoctoral programme.
- Academic year: If you apply between September and October 2017, you must select 2017-2018; we will change this manually once the call for applications for 2018-2019 opens. Starting from November 2017, you must select 2018-2019.
- Is this application also intended as a scholarship application? Yes.
- Name of the scholarship agency: IRO Doctoral Scholarship