This fully funded scholarship is offered to exceptional high school students entering the Bachelor of Health Sciences degree program in the Cumming School of Medicine. Apply for admission into the University of Calgary to study under this financial aid in 2018.
Other documents that are required
- Submit the Bachelor of Health Science Supplementary Admission Application to the Cumming School of Medicine by January 5
- If you completed high school outside of Alberta, email your high school transcript to [email protected] or fax it to 403-282-2999.
- The document deadline is January 15.
Deadline and Notification
- December 15 – Award application deadline
- January 5 – Bachelor of Health Science Supplementary Admission Application deadline
- January 15 – Document deadline
- March – Award notification
- You must be admitted directly from high school into the fall term of the first year of the BHSc degree in the Cumming School of Medicine
- Academic merit with potential to succeed as a medical scientist (MD-PhD)
- Exceptional evidence of the non-cognitive attributes sought by the Cumming School of Medicine amongst matriculants to the MD program
- You must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- Demonstrate contribution to school life and/or community service
- Require a minimum GPA of 3.40 over all course work completed in the previous fall and winter terms at UCalgary.
- Maintain full-time registration (30.00 units or more) over the fall and winter terms in the Bachelor of Health Sciences degree program in the Cumming School of Medicine
To renew each successive year, you must continue your extracurricular involvement in campus or community-based organizations or projects that are not part of the BHSc academic program. Submit annually a copy of your activities to the Cumming School of Medicine.