Are you an international student seeking to pursue a degree abroad? $50,000 OPEC/OFID Scholarships for Developing Countries is currently ongoing for students who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree. Interested students should apply below.
Qualified students will receive a scholarship of US$50,000. The funds will run for a maximum of one years, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the 2018-2019 academic year.
The scholarship is open for Masters Degree students only
Full tuition scholarship of up to US$50,000, which will run for a maximum of one year toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution.
Field of study:
Economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Host Country of Scholarship:
OFID member countries
Eligibility For $50,000 OPEC/OFID Scholarships for Developing Countries:
- Eligible applicants must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting their application.
- Applicants must be a national of a developing country (OFID Member Countries not inclusive).
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Applicants must be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited university, or its equivalent.
- Applicants must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission.
How to Apply for The OFID Scholarship:
Application must be completed online with the necessary documents listed below;
- Ensure to fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria.
- Applicants must register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address.
- Must fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process.
- Applicants must upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
- When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.