The scholarship is open for Undergraduates, MBA, Msc and PhD students.
Field of study:
Any of the courses offered in the university
- Three $250 scholarships for Africa-based students: One shall be awarded each at undergraduate, masters and PhD levels.
- Three $500 scholarships for overseas-based students: We will strive to distribute the scholarships between different geographical locations. Students studying in any continent besides Africa can apply.
- One $250 hardship fund: This is open to overseas-based African students who run into unexpected hardships and need some support to pull through. Priority will be given to students in their final year of study or those undertaking big projects.
Countries Eligible to Apply For The Scholarship:
Strictly for African Countries
Are you Eligible to Apply 2018 Edufrica Home and Overseas Scholarships for African Students?
Students are to met the following requirements to be qualified for the scholarship;
- Applicants must have spent at least one year in his/her current program and be able to produce transcripts if shortlisted.
- All sections of the application form must be completed and be ready to produce proof of registration at a university.
- Applicants must be registered in an accredited university either in Africa or overseas and be enrolled full time in the university.
- Academic excellence: Only those who have demonstrated excellence in their studies will be selected for the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate ways they have contributed to their community. Both community and contribution are defined very broadly.
- An applicant must be a citizen of an African country; Applicants studying overseas must be doing so as an international student with your home country’s passport.
- Applicants essays must be within the word limit.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply For The Scholarship:
To apply for the scholarship, an application form must be completed. Applicants will have to submit one essay. Discussing your dream for the continent or your country and your role in it. What do you wish to see? What do you wish different stakeholders on the continent would do? What do you want to do after graduation? (max. 500 words) Hardship scholarship only: Please describe the nature of the hardship and why you do not have any other way of raising funds to address it.
Complete the application form by clicking on the link
July 2015, 2018