African Palliative Care Association is currently inviting applications from students for the 2018 MSc and PhD Scholarships for Africa-Based Healthcare Professionals who wish to complete the course on a full time bases. Interested students should see details below on how to apply.
The purpose for this scholarship is to allow students to gain essential qualifications, skills and experience that can be applied to local healthcare settings and to meet palliative care needs in Africa.
The scholarship is open for both MSc and PhD students.
Field of study:
Scholarships are awarded for healthcare professionals.
The scholarship will cover the following expenses;
- Tuition fees.
- Travel accommodation and living expenses.
- Additional research costs are available for PhD students.
Host Country of Scholarship:
Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility Country Of Scholarship:
Available for African Nationals.
Are You Eligible To Apply For The 2018 MSc and PhD Scholarships for Africa-Based Healthcare Professionals?
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Must be an African national.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- MSc applicants must have a degree in medicine, nursing or dentistry, or a 2.1 degree or equivalent in life sciences or social sciences awarded by a UK or recognized overseas university.
- MSc applicants must have an interest in conducting research in Advanced Care Planning and be willing to conduct your research project in this area, which you will be supported in publishing.
- MSc applicants must be able to demonstrate experience of working in palliative care or palliative medicine clinical or social care, or palliative care research.
The following documents listed below should be sent my email;
- Applicants must provide a maximum of two pages of their CV.
- Applicants must provide a letter of support from their current employer.
- Applicants must provide two (2) referees.
- Personal statement (maximum 800 words) in support of your application, explaining your reasons for applying, what you hope to gain from the MSc, your ability to complete the programme of study, and your interest in Advanced Care planning.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Documents should be sent to this email address.
Tel: +44 207 848 5435
Email: [email protected]
MSc candidates must also apply online here: https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/
Application Closing Date:
Friday 14th September 2018.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview which will take place in October 2018.
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://bb8.23f.myftpupload.com/category/scholarships/