Are you and African national seeking for a programme to study abroad? The new Edufrica Home and Overseas Scholarships offering scholarships to African Students for the academic year 2018/2019. Interested students should see details on how to apply for the 2018/2019 Edufrica Home and Overseas Scholarships For African Students In Africa And Overseas.
The scholarship aims to support students who demonstrate the greatest potential to excel in their chosen field of study, and have a positive impact on society.
The Edufrica Scholarship is an annual scholarship open to students in undergraduate, master’s, MBA and PhD programmes within and outside Africa
Field of study:
Scholarships are available to learn any courses offered by the university
- Three $250 scholarships for Africa-based students: One shall be awarded each at undergraduate, masters and PhD levels.
- Three $500 scholarships for overseas-based students: We will strive to distribute the scholarships between different geographical locations. Students studying in any continent besides Africa can apply.
- One $250 hardship fund: This is open to overseas-based African students who run into unexpected hardships and need some support to pull through. Priority will be given to students in their final year of study or those undertaking big projects.
Host Country of Scholarship:
Africa and overseas
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Scholarship is open for African citizens only
Eligibility For The 2018/2019 Edufrica Home and Overseas Scholarships For African Students In Africa And Overseas:
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must demonstrate the following;
- Academic excellence: Those who have demonstrated excellence in their studies will be selected.
- Service to the community: Applicants should demonstrate ways they have contributed to their community. Both community and contribution are defined very broadly
- Applicant must be a citizen of an African country; if studying overseas, you must be doing so as an international student with your home country’s passport.
- Must be a permanent residents of non-African countries do not qualify.
- Applicant must have spent at least one year in their current program and be able to produce transcripts if shortlisted.
- Applicant must complete all sections of the application form and be ready to produce documents for your claims (e.g. proof of registration at a university)
- Must be registered in an accredited university either in Africa or overseas and be enrolled full time in the university.
- Applicant’s essays must be within the word limit. One of the ways to demonstrate intelligence is to communicate concisely and effectively. We won’t be impressed by flowery language. Keep it short and straightforward.
- Applicant must have a good command of the English language
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
As part of the application process, applicant must complete the application form and also need to submit one essay. Write an essay discussing your dream for the continent or your country and your role in it. What do you wish to see? What do you wish different stakeholders on the continent would do? What do you want to do after graduation? (max. 500 words) Hardship scholarship only: Please describe the nature of the hardship and why you do not have any other way of raising funds to address it.
To complete the application form, visit: https://www.scholarshubafrica.com/edufrica-media-africa-scholarships/
Application Closing Date:
July 25, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/