Applications are currently been accepted for PhD and MD positions at The Berlin School of Integrative Oncology in Germany for international students. Hurry now and apply for the 2018/2019 BSIO PhD And MD Scholarships/Positions. Interested applicants should see details below on the criteria for applying.
The BSIO offers structured 3-Year doctoral program jointly educating natural scientists and physicians/medical students in the field of integrative oncology and features excellent research conditions, a comprehensive curriculum and a broad supervision and mentoring network. Furthermore, students will have the opportunity to conduct part of their project in one of the labs of the renowned international partner institutions of the BSIO (depending on the individual project).
Scholarships are available to pursue a PhD and MD programmes
Field of study:
Scholarships are awarded for different research projects available. Click Here to view topics
The PhD positions appr. equal 65% of the salary level of a full researcher position (E13 level).
The MD scholarships differ between medical students and medical graduates and will be paid according to the scholarship regulations of the DFG (German research foundation). All positions and scholarships also include an annual allowance for supplies as well as funds for conference attendance and other project-related activities.
There is no tuition feefor the BSIO program.
Students enrolled will have to pay a semester fee of appr. 310 € every 6 months, this is not a tuition fee, but it covers public transportation in Berlin for 6 months and a fee for the student union offering housing opportunities and dining halls for students
Host Country of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
It is open for international students
Eligibility For The 2018/2019 BSIO PhD And MD Scholarships/Positions :
To be eligible, applicant must meet the following;
- Sc. in basic sciences or equivalent or
- Sc. in basic sciences (fast track) or
- in rare cases: enrollment in medical school/graduation from medical school (excellent grades and research experience required)
- M.Sc. or equivalent in social sciences or humanities (potentially in addition to a M.Sc. (or equivalent) in basic science
- Please Note: you can apply for the program even if you have not obtained your M.Sc. degree yet, you are still eligible for the program if you will be awarded the M.Sc. degree until November 2018 (please provide an overview of your grades obtained in your M.Sc. program so far in this case)
- Applicants must enroll in medical school or
- Graduated from medical school
All applicants must provide the following:
- A proof of English proficiency, e.g., the TOEFL, IELTS or BULATS test, is mandatory for all applicants except if English is the applicant’s native language or if more than two years of the applicant’s education (during B.Sc./M.Sc. or equivalent) has been entirely in English (you will need to provide a proof for this
- Applicants must provide reference letters by two referees chosen by the applicant (Please Note: as soon as an applicant has filled in the referees’ email addresses in the respective fields of the application tool, referees will automatically receive a link to our online platform with a request to fill in a reference form, so you should have contacted your referees before you fill in their email addresses).
- The minimum score for admission is 90 (TOEFL) or 6,5 (IELTS) –> PLEASE NOTE: Applicant can apply for the BSIO even if he/she will receive his/her test results after June 19, but you should have registered for a test of English proficiency before the deadline and need to provide us with the test results before July 27, 2018
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
To complete the application, the following steps must be adhered to:
- Register with your email address at https://apply.drs.fu-berlin.de/bsio/, after that you will receive an email
- Confirm the link in that email (the email will also contain your username and password)
- Log in with your username and password at https://apply.drs.fu-berlin.de/bsio/
- Fill in your application details (including the contact data of two referees who have agreed to a reference letter for you-we will contact them after you have filled in their email addresses)
- Submit your application (opening time of the application tool will be announced soon)
Application Closing Date:
June 19, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/