Are you an international students seeking to acquire a PhD degree abroad? Nanyang Technological University is offering a scholarship for those interested in acquiring a PhD degree in Sport and Exercise Science and Sport Management. See details below on how to apply for the 2018 NTU PhD Scholarships For Singaporeans And International Students In Singapore.
Based on your research interest, you as a full-time student will work on a doctoral research project under supervision by professor(s). Successful applicants will start enrolling in a PhD program in January 2019.
It is open for PhD programmes
Field of study:
Scholarships are awarded in Sport and Exercise Science and Sport Management
The monthly stipend will be S$3,000. The scholarship award will also cover the annual tuition fee, Employer CPF Contribution (for Singapore Citizens only), one-time conference allowance (which covers airfare, conference fee and accommodation) up to $4,000 in the 3rd or 4th year and airfare grant (for International Student only) of up to $2,000 (in-bound to Singapore on the most economical route of air travel from country of origin).
Host Country of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Scholarships are awarded to international and Singapore students
Eligibility For The 2018 NTU PhD Scholarships For Singaporeans And International Students In Singapore:
To be eligible for the scholarship. applicants must adhere to the following;
- Applicants must have a Second Class (Upper Division) Honours or its equivalent
- Applicants should not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award.
- There is a need for international applicants and graduates of universities with non-English medium of instruction to show evidence of your competency in the English language. This is to ensure that you make the most out of your education here.
- International applicants and graduates of universities with non-English medium of instruction are required to submit an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, the test taken not more than two years before the date of application. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score can be accepted in lieu of TOEFL. NIE may request additional evidence of written and spoken proficiency in English.
- Applicants pursuing research programmes, except for graduates of the Autonomous Universities in Singapore, are required to submit a good Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score, the test taken not more than five years before the date of application. In lieu of GRE, applicants from India may use the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score of at least 90%, the test taken not more than three years before the date of application.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Before applying, applicants are advised to visit the programme WebPages to view more details such as the programme structure, research areas and entry requirements. If you are applying for a research programme, you are advised to contact a potential supervisor before making a formal application. As a guide, you may wish to briefly introduce yourself, explain your research interests and mention the supervisor’s research that you find interesting.
Applicants are advised to apply via the Online Portal
Application Closing Date:
July 31, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/