Are you interested in pursuing a degree in Implementation Science abroad? Apply now for the Postgraduate Training Scholarships At Wits University School Of Public Health In South Africa for 2018-2019 academic year offered by University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health, in conjunction with the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR), hosted at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland. See details below for more information.
Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate training programme. Degree Programme On Offer: MSc Epidemiology in the field of Implementation Science (18 months full-time)
Field Of study:
Scholarships are awarded in Implementation Science. The degree programme is open to candidates from a range of disciplines including clinical and other health-related fields; statistics and other quantitative fields, as well as demography and social sciences. The degree programme should also appeal to candidates who want to become more involved in research in health-related fields.
The scholarship will cover following:
- Return economy air fare.
- Tuition fees.
- Basic medical and accident insurance.
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation.
- Support for the research project expenses.
- Further, recipients’ careers will be tracked with the new TDR Global alumni and stakeholder platform that will
- monitor the impact of the programme, as well as provide networking and increased visibility opportunities for the Fellows.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Scholarship is awarded to nationals of a low- or middle-income country in the WHO African Region.
Eligibility For The Postgraduate Training Scholarships At Wits University School Of Public Health In South Africa:
To be considered eligible, the following must be met;
- Applicants must be from one of these countries,Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde* (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Must be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Applicant must be fluent in English
- Applicants should not be more than 35 years or younger for the Master Programme. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Meet the Programme’s requirements: http://www.wits.ac.za/publichealth/academicprogrammes/postgraduate/master-of-science-in-epidemiology/
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The application process is two-fold.
- Applicants applying to the University of the Witwatersrand should apply by completing a University of the Witwatersrand postgraduate application form online
- The application for the TDR scholarship should be made separately in writing and should include the following documents:
- A letter of motivation for applying for the scholarship.
- A certified copy of the bio-data page of the passport.
- Evidence of application to study Implementation Science as the field of study in the MSc Epidemiology Programme at the University of the Witwatersrand of the School of Public Health commencing in the 2019 academic year.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including a description of relevant research and work experience.
- Two confidential referee reports should be sent directly by the referees to Mrs Gloria Bowes (Gloria.Bowes-at-wits.ac.za).
Scholarship applications should be sent to: Mrs Gloria Bowes (Gloria.Bowes-at-wits.ac.za) and copied to Prof. Latifat Ibisomi (Latifat.Ibisomi-at-wits.ac.za).
Complete the Application Form and submit alongside the above documents
Application Closing Date:
July 31, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/