Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018/19 PhD Programs at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, one of the six Schools of Excellence in Italy and one of the highest rated graduate schools in Europe. Highly motivated students from any discipline should hurry now and apply for the 36 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships At The IMT School For Advanced Studies Lucca. See details below for more information on how to apply.
The scholarships are divided between two doctoral Programs that integrate scientific competences of economics, engineering, computer science, neuroscience and behavioral psychology, physics, applied mathematics, statistics, history and sciences of cultural heritage.
Scholarships are awarded to pursue a PhD programme
Field Of study:
Scholarships are awarded in “Cognitive and Cultural Systems” and in “Systems Science” (academic year 2018/2019).
Scholarship gross amount: 15,343.28 Euros/year.
Additional benefits includes:
- All PhD students admitted to the PhD program are exempt from paying tuition fees, although they are still responsible for paying the yearly Regional Education Tax (currently €140.00/year);
- All PhD students are offered free meals (lunch and dinner) at the on-campus canteen;
- All scholarship recipients are provided with free accommodation in shared double rooms within the campus residential facilities.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Number of Scholarships:
36 Available Scholarships:
18 for the PhD Program in “Cognitive and Cultural Systems”;
18 for the PhD Program in “Systems Science”; one (1) scholarship is reserved for candidates willing to write their doctoral thesis in applied economics and management under the joint supervision of a promotor from the IMT School and a promotor from the KU Leuven.
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Scholarship is available to citizens from any nationality
Eligibility For The 36 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships At The IMT School For Advanced Studies Lucca:
Applicants are to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the award
- “Laurea Magistrale” or “Specialistica” (according to DM n° 509, of November 3, 1999), or a four- or five year degree (according to the previous rules of the Italian higher education system) obtained in Italy;
- Foreign degrees with a minimum duration equivalent to 4 years (full time). The 4-year duration should be considered a minimum but not sufficient requirement: the eligibility of degrees will be assessed by the Selection Committees.
The documents should be uploaded online.
Applicants who obtain their degree by no later than October 31st, 2018 can also apply. These candidates will be admitted to the selection procedure “with reserve” and must provide their degree certificate by the date of enrollment or they will be excluded from the program. These documents may be sent sooner via email (phdapplications-at-imtlucca.it) or via fax (+39 0583 4326565).
Applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies. (Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor’s degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT.)
Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English. No knowledge of Italian is requested. Candidates must apply via the online application form by the deadline set in the Call for
Applicants are required to indicate their level of English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applications for the PhD Programs can only be submitted electronically. Applicants must fill out the online application form (registration required), providing personal data and attaching the required documents. Basic instructions for the submission procedure will be provided after registration.
Complete the online application form here.
Applicants must select the desired Track for which they wish to apply. Candidates can also apply to more than one Track; in this case, without changing the basic personal information, the “education” section can be varied in accordance with each Track.
Data included in the application form can be modified and updated until the final submission. No further modifications are generally possible after the final submission. In exceptional circumstances, the candidate should contact the PhD office by email or by phone (+39 0583 4326597).
Attach the following documents:
- A copy of National Identity Card or Passport
- Certified curriculum vitae et studiorum/resume
- Academic transcript/Diploma supplement
- Research Statement
Application Closing Date:
August 03, 2018.
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/