The School of English at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) is offering RMB 3,500 UNNC PhD Scholarship In Intercultural Communication For International Students In China for 2018/2019 Entry. One 3-year PhD scholarship is available for up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression. Interested students should see details below on how to apply for the scholarship.
It is awarded to pursue a PhD programme
Field Of study:
Scholarship is awarded in Intercultural Communication. The available PhD scholarship will support the candidate to investigate a topic in Intercultural Communication of the candidate’s interest and at the same time to contribute to the management of an EU-funded research project RICH-Ed (Resources for Interculturality in Chinese Higher Education).
The available PhD scholarships cover:
- Tuition fee
- on-campus accommodation for PhD candidate only (accommodation type is based on availability)
- Monthly stipend (RMB 3,500)
- Medical insurance with designate providers
All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
All regulations set out in the UNNC PGR Scholarship Policy apply to this scholarship
In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out paid teaching or research assistant duties at UNNC.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are eligible to apply
Eligibility For The RMB 3,500 UNNC PhD Scholarship In Intercultural Communication For International Students In China:
To be qualified for the scholarship, the following must be met:
- Applicants must have a first class honours undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions
- Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area
- Visit the website for more details on the entry requirement
- Students whose first language is not English or their entry qualifications were not obtained from a country/region where English is the native language, are required to provide satisfactory evidence of their proficiency in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The following documents should be sent via mail. All documents must be in English. If original documents are not in English, a translated English version is required in addition to the original one. An application missing any of the following documents (except for English language score) is incomplete and will not be considered.
- A completed application form (all fields filled)
- A research proposal
- Copies of degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities)
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies (with official university stamp)
- English language test score (IELTS/ PTE academic) (not required for native English speakers)
- Two references (must be emailed directly by the referees)
- A copy of ID or passport (both sides of an ID card required)
- An electronic copy of passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application
- A copy of your Masters’ dissertation, or a published paper or conference paper, or a sample of your module assignment
Download and complete the application form
Application Closing Date:
June 29, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/