Are you a foreign student aspiring to pursue a PhD degree abroad? The University of Trento is offering scholarship for its 34th cycle of PhD Scholarship in Materials, Mechatronics and Systems Engineering for the 2018-2019 academic year. Boost your application by been the first to apply for the 34th Cycle PhD Scholarship In Materials, Mechatronics And Systems Engineering. See details below for more information.
It is awaded to pursue a PhD programme
Field Of study:
Scholarship is awarded in Materials, Mechatronics and Systems Engineering.
Starting from the 1st January 2018 the annual gross amount of the doctoral scholarship has increased to € 15.343,28, including the social security contributions that have to be paid by the Doctoral students.
The University of Trento in order to enhance, even economically, those involved in the doctoral path, has decided to increase it up to the gross amount of € 16.290,00 starting from the 1st November 2018 (A.Y. 2018/2019).
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
It is open to citizens all over the world
Eligibility For The 34th Cycle PhD Scholarship In Materials, Mechatronics And Systems Engineering:
To be qualified for the award, applicants must meet the following;
- Applicant must hold an Italian “Laurea Magistrale”, according to the Ministerial Decree no. 270 of 22.10.2004 and subsequent amendments, or
- Must hold an equivalent Italian university degree (previous regulations in force, “specialistica”, AFAM), or
- An equivalent foreign degree (Master’s degree) obtained at an officially acknowledged academic institution, valid for admission to PhD studies in the Country of issue (except for substantial differences) and similar (duration and level) to the Italian degree, recognized as equivalent by the Admissions Committee for the sole purpose of access to the present Phd Programme2 .
- Applications are also accepted from students expecting to obtain the necessary degree by October 31, 2018. Admission to the Doctoral Programme for successful applicants who have not yet graduated will be “conditional” and the applicant will have to submit to the Doctorate Office S&T (via email to: [email protected]) by November 6, 2018, on penalty of exclusion, awarding certificate or a self declaration (by using Annex A).
- Applicants with a foreign qualification that has not been officially recognised as equivalent to an Italian degree (Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica/vecchio ordinamento) will be considered as requesting equivalence in their application, attaching the necessary supporting documents. The eligibility of foreign academic degrees is assessed by the Admissions Committee, following the rules in force or the international treaties on recognition of academic qualifications. The Admissions Committee may require the applicant to provide additional documentation if deemed necessary for the purpose of assessing the suitability.
- Applicants must be good in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
- The application is subject to the payment of an application fee – non-refundable – amounting to € 15 to be paid by credit card according to the instructions given in the appropriate section of the online application. The application online can be saved and modified several times until the submission. Afterwards it can no longer be changed.
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to verify and submit with correct closure the online application (ensuring reception of the email notification). The University refuses any liability for all applications not properly submitted by candidates. The online application is considered to be a self-declaration of personal data and qualifications with full legal effect.
- During the filling out of the application online candidates must choose which Research area(s) (max. 2, specifying the order of preference) they are interested to apply for. If a candidate is short-listed in more than one Research area, he/she will be enrolled in the research area that was selected as first choice in the application online and deleted from the other ranking. Candidates, who select more than one Research area in the application online, must attach a statement of purpose and a research project for each area.
The necessary documents must be submitted alongside the application form;
- Photocopy of an ID
- Academic degree for admission to PhD
- A curriculum vitae et studiorum (in Italian or English)
- Summary of the Master’s thesis in English
- Statement of purpose in English (max. 3000 characters, including spaces),
- A description of the research project
- Two (2) names of contact persons (referees, experts in the fields of the PhD Programme members of universities or national and international research institutions), with details of their e-mail addresses and phone numbers.
- Any certificates attesting the knowledge of foreign languages
- List of research outputs
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date:
August 22, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/