Applications are currently ongoing for EUR 8,500 Funded PhD Scholarship In Employee Engagement At Trinity Business School. The programme focuses on educating and training outstanding postgraduate students for careers in professional business research and for academic employment in international business schools. Interested students should see details below on how to apply.
It is open for PhD porgramme
Field Of study:
Scholarship is awarded in the area of Employee Engagement. The research focus will be determined in conjunction with the sponsoring company and will be in the subject area of Employee Engagement. This is an area of critical importance to all businesses. We know that companies with highly engaged employees outperform those with disengaged employees by 54% in employee retention and by 89% in customer satisfaction. Further research reveals that 70% of engaged employees are customer focused as distinct from 17% of disengaged employees. It is a fascinating area of research representing considerable benefits for conscientious companies. Professor Amanda Shantz will act as academic supervisor.
The scholarship covers:
- home/EU fees per year
- A stipend of €17,000 per annum for up to 3 years.
- An additional €2,000 per annum is provided for field work/conference attendance.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Scholarship is awarded to Home/EU students
Eligibility For The EUR 8,500 Funded PhD Scholarship In Employee Engagement At Trinity Business School:
To be e;igible for the award, applicants must meet the following;
- A minimum of a 2.1 undergraduate degree in social sciences and a Master’s qualification in a relevant business discipline is essential e.g. MSc Business or MBA. The successful candidate will be required to take part in the structured PhD programme at the Trinity Business School.
- Applicants must be fluent in English
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
There are two steps to the application process:
The following documents should be sent via email to Professor Amanda Shantz ([email protected])
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae with a one-page cover letter. Describe how you fulfil the required criteria, your reasons for applying, and reasons for your interest in teaching.
- A research proposal based on the above description (3500 ± 10% words, excluding references). For the research proposal, you could focus on one or a few research questions listed above. Please refer to the Trinity Business School website for more information on how to prepare a research proposal.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed either in person or through a video conference facility.
The selected applicants will be invited to apply online to the Business School Doctoral Programme. Full details are found here www.tcd.ie/business/doctoral/apply.php. For this stage you will be required to provide:
- Two academic references
- Academic transcripts which must be certified by the issuing body
- A certified copy of degree certificate(s)
- A certified certificate of English Language Competency if English is not your first language and
- Your research proposal. The deadline for this second step of the application process is the Friday, 13th July 2018.
Application Closing Date:
June 29, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/