Application is currently ongoing at the Department of Political Science and Public Management at the University of Southern Denmark for one or more PhD scholarships within the areas of welfare studies & public policy and/or border region studies as of February 1, 2019 or as agreed. Apply now for the PhD Scholarships In Welfare Studies And/Or Border Region Studies At SDU, Denmark for 2018-2019. See details below for more information on the award.
Schoarships are available to pursue a PhD programme
Field Of study:
Scholarships are awarded in Welfare Studies and/or Border Region Studies
A 5+3 PhD programme spans over three years (fully salaried), while the 4+4 programme runs for a period of four years.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Eligibility For The PhD Scholarships In Welfare Studies And/Or Border Region Studies At SDU, Denmark:
To be qualified for the award, applicants must meet the following:
- Applicants must have a high academic level and be able to outline an original research project. The project is individual, but it should be related to the ongoing research in the relevant centre (see below).
- Cognizance will be given to applicants who possess personal qualities such as curiosity and a strong desire to understand and solve societal challenges.
- Applicants must be able to work independently and—in consultation with the PhD supervisor—prioritize the different aspects of your work.
- Finally, applicants are expected to have good interpersonal skills, be interested in engaging with the national and international research community (your supervisor and the department will support you in this), be present and take part in the daily academic and social environments in Odense or Sønderborg.
- Must be fluent in English
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The application must inlude the necessary documents:
- Application form
- A project proposal, max 5 pages of 2400 characters each, including spaces, notes, appendices, bibliography etc. The project description must be anonymized, i.e. it may not reveal your name or identity in any way. The total length in characters including spaces of the project description must be stated on the first page of the project description. If your name is mentioned in your project description or if the description exceeds the specified length, your application will be rejected without further assessment
- An abstract for the above project description of no more than 250 words
- A short letter with a motivated suggestion for a supervisor among the academic staff at the Department of Political Science and Public Management
- Detailed CV
- A certified copy of your master’s degree certificate including all examination results. In case of a possible 4+4 enrolment, a certified copy of your bachelor’s degree certificate and a transcribe of you master’s level examination results must be included
- Information on experience with teaching, dissemination, or scientific publication, if applicable
Application Closing Date:
September 1, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/