Academic Mobility For African Sustainable Development/AMAS Master And PhD Scholarships is now on offer for the academic year 2018-2019. This scholarship is available for young Africans which aims to promote sustainable development and ultimately reduce poverty by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in Africa. See details below for more information on the scholarship.
Scholarships are available to pursue Master and Doctoral degree programme
Field Of study:
The AMAS thematic field of study in Social Sciences and Governance. Mobility flows only happen in accredited high quality Master courses/ programmes and Doctoral courses/ programmes offered by the partner universities in the field of study; Social Sciences and Governance.
- Master Students- maximum of 25,000 € to cover subsistence, insurance, travel, visa, tuition/participation and research costs.
- PhD Candidates- maximum of 71,700 € to cover subsistence, insurance, travel, visa, tuition/participation and research costs.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Participating African Universities:
- Moi University (MU), Kenya
- Université Mohammed V de Rabat (UM5R), Morocco
- Addis Ababa University (AAU), Ethiopia
- Université d’Abomey-Calavi (UAC), Benin
- Universidade Eduardo Mondlane (UEM), Mozambique
Technical Partner University
- Universität Bayreuth (UBT), Germany
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Scholarships are awarded to Young Africans
Eligibility For The Academic Mobility For African Sustainable Development/AMAS Master And PhD Scholarships:
To be eligible for the award, applicants must demonstrare the following:
- Applicants must be a Yong African
- Target I- Master and PhD student registered in one of the 5 African Partner Universities (PU), OR;
- Target II- Master and PhD student registered in any recognizable university, outside the 5 Partner Universities
- Master Students- undertake a minimum of 6months studies (credit seeking) or 24 months (degree-seeking) in any of the 4 Partner Universities outside their home university
- PhD Students- undertake a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 48 months of studies. Apply for any duration within the 6 – 48 months mostly to seek credits and engage in research, but not apply for a full PhD engagement in any of the 4 Partner Universities outside their home/registered university
- For both Master and PhD, willingness to study the prescribed CFS and SBP Courses listed on Doc T1-Table of Mobility Courses offered at the recipient Partner University
- Both females and males are given equal eligibility statuses
- Applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds and populations are encouraged to apply
- Proficiency in English is mandatory.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
As partof the application process, both the Masters and the PhD applicants must submit the following documents:
- Proof of nationality
- Completed application form Doc AF1- Application Form
- Letter of reference from two academic referees
- Two passport size photographs
- Certified academic certificates and transcripts
- Certified proof of registration/admission at a University in Africa (see Target I and II above)
Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified in August 2018.
Application Closing Date:
July 25, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/