Applications are currently ongoing for DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowships For Sub-Saharan Africans At AIMS In Tanzania. It is a self-governing non-profit trust supported by several universities, AIMS offers postgraduate programmes to talented students from the African continent. Interested students should see details below on how to apply for the scholarship.
The fellowship aims is to provide opportunities to the postdoctoral mathematician under the guidance of AIMS, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences.
Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Field Of study:
The scholarship at AIMS Tanzania is available in the following field: Mathematics.
The fellowship covers the following:
- A flat-rate travel allowance: The flat rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award
- A monthly research allowance of 100 EUR
- A monthly instalment of 1000 EUR
- If a health insurance is compulsory for work and/or visa regulations DAAD will accept the costs for a standard tariff upon submission of receipt of paid invoice.
- The scholarship is designed as a subsidy to the scholar’s current salary/study leave income
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Sub-Saharan Africans are eligible to apply.
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Eligibility For The DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowships For Sub-Saharan Africans At AIMS In Tanzania:
To be qualified for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Must be an African citizen.
- Completed their PhD degree not more than six years ago.
- Must be current or prospective teaching or research staff at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must be invited by AIMS.
- Proficiency in English is mandatory. Therefore, application must be completed in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The necessary documents should be provided:
- DAAD application form duly completed
- Curriculum Vitae, including the list of publications (if applicable).
- Invitation and nomination by the host institution
- Research proposal (up to 5 pages) including detailed time and work plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher.
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees.
- PhD certificate (certified as a true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate (certified as a true copy of the original certificate).
Click here to start application process.
For more information on the scholarship, click here.
Application Closing Date:
September 30, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/