Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) is currently inviting applications for the USD 50,000 Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowships For Science And Technology Lagging Countries who have completed their PhDs. The ECWS fellowship is intended for research that will have a demonstrable impact on the local, national or regional community for 2018-2019. see below for more information on the fellowship.
Fellowships are to women who have completed their PhDs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects.
Field Of study:
Eligible STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
Biological Systems and Organisms
Computing and Information Technology
Medical and Health Sciences
Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
The ECWS fellowship is for two years and provides up to USD 50,000 to enable fellows to maintain an international standard of research as well as initiate collaborations and partnerships with industry and the private sector.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Scholarship can be taken at an academic or scientific research institute in one of the listed Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs).
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Applicants must have been resident in one of the listed Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs) for at least 5 years.
Eligibility For The USD 50,000 Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowships For Science And Technology Lagging Countries:
To be eligible for the fellowship, applicants must:
- Applicants must have been resident in one of the listed Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs) for at least 5 years.
- At the time of application, applicants must be already employed at the university or research institute where the project will be carried out.
- This university/institute where the project will be carried out must be in one of the listed STLCs.
- Applicants must have a PhD degree in one of the above listed study fields.
- PhD awarded not more than 10 years prior to application.
- Applicants must have a goodcommand of English
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
- A scanned copy of the passport page containing personal details (photo, document number etc).
- Passport-size portrait photo
Proof of residence
- Official documentation that proves residency for at least 5 years in the eligible STLC where the research will be undertaken (e.g. certificate of residency).
- A scanned copy of the PhD certificate issued by the University.
- A letter from the employer (dean, vice-dean or equivalent head of the applicant’s institute) on headed paper confirming applicant’s position at the institute and that the applicant will receive a salary for at least two years starting from the year of application.
- Certified and updated CV.
- Complete list of publications.
- Two letters from referees; at least one must be from a senior scientist familiar with the applicant’s
- research, and must include contact details for follow up from Selection Committee.
- A supporting statement of the head of the applicant’s institute signed by the dean, vice-dean or equivalent head of institute. The statement template can be downloaded here.
All documents must be uploaded through the online application system which will be activated by 30 June 2018. Do not email any documentation to OWSD.
For more information, click here.
Application Closing Date:
August 31, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/