The Department of Ecology and Environmental Science is currently inviting applications from Sweden students for a PhD Position In Ecology At Umeå University In Sweden, focused on drivers for the occurrence of potentially pathogenic bacteria in aquatic environments. Applicants are expected to begin their position in autumn 2018. See details below for more information on the scholarship.
Position is available to pursue PhD research prgramme.
Field Of study:
The Department of Ecology and Environmental Science opens a PhD student position focused on drivers for occurrence of potentially pathogenic bacteria in aquatic environments.
Salary: According to agreements for PhD students. A PhD education comprises 4 years full time studies (240 ECTS credits).
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
citizens of Sweden are eligible to apply.
Eligibility For The PhD Position In Ecology At Umeå University In Sweden:
To be eligible for the position, applicants must adhere to the following:
- Applicants must be a students of Sweden
- Applicant is required to have completed a second-cycle level degree, or completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits are at second-cycle level, or have an equivalent education from abroad, or equivalent qualifications.
- Applicant should have completed courses within a first-cycle subject relevant to ecology comprising at least 120 ECTS credits. At least one course at a second-cycle level in a subject that is central to the doctoral student’s planned specialization should have been completed, as well as an independent piece of work (degree project) with relevant specialization of at least 15 ECTS credits.
- Cognizance will be given to applicants with the relevant academic background in molecular biology, ecology, statistics or corresponding education. It is qualifying to have good knowledge of genetic methods (e.g. DNA library prep, statistics), bioinformatics and/or microbial ecology.
- Applicants should have a very good command in written and spoken English, creativity and be able to take own initiative. The applicants should be independent, and have the social competence and collaborative ability. It is expected that the applicants develops independence and build up network contacts during the education.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The application shoud include the following documents listed below:
- The letter where the applicant describes her/himself in relation to the above-described requirements, a motivation to why the applicant is interested in the position and a short description of the applicants´s research interests and ideas
- Certified CV with academic qualifications.
- List of publication.
- An electronic copy of the MSc-thesis.
- Scientific articles, grade certificates or other documentation which supports the applicant´s qualification for the position.
- Contact information for three reference persons.
The evaluation will be based on the applicant´s letter, references, interview and the quality of the master thesis and other publications. The requirements must be fulfilled at the time of approval to the PhD position and may not need to be fulfilled at the time of the application.
For more information on the scholarship, click here.
Application Closing Date:
31 August 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/