The Government of Canada is offering Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program (CCVUSP) delivered entirely online, to learners from CARICOM countries for 2018-2019. Boost your application by been the first to apply for the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program (CCVUSP). Funding for the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program (CCVUSP) is made available by Global Affairs Canada through its legal title: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD). For more information on how to apply, see details below.
It aims to enhance the skill sets required to advance the development and sustainability of the CARICOM and seeks to strengthen institutional linkages between Canadian universities and colleges and those in the region
Scholarships are available to pursue Certificate programs offered by The Government of Canada under the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University.
Field Of study:
The Government of Canada under the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program (CCVUSP) will offer three programs, delivered entirely online, to learners from CARICOM countries.
Certificate programs offered:
- Certificate in University & College Administration, University of Manitoba (CHERD)
- Certificat en intervention auprès des femmes, Laurentian University(French only)
- Graduate Certificate in Destination Development, Royal Roads University
The scholarship covers:
Tuition for all courses required to complete one of the eligible programs under the Guidelines section. All payments will be made on behalf of the student directly to the Canadian institution at which the student is registered.
CCVUSP is co-administered by the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) and the Canadian Virtual University (CVU).
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Citizens of, and living in, an eligible country of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) are eligible to apply.
Eligibility For The Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program (CCVUSP):
To be selected for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following:
- Must be citizens of and living in one of the following countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitt’s, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic-level English or French reading and writing skills as required by the university providing the program.
- Must already be enrolled full-time at another institution are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Eligible applicants must be prepared to begin their programs in the fall of 2018 to the spring of 2019. The pace will require full-time attention to complete within one year.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a scholarship under the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program, the Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program, the Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program or the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program
- Applicants must have completed a four-year undergraduate program in a related field with a minimum GPA of B (3.00/4.33) from a post-secondary institution where English was the primary language of instruction.
- Must demonstrate at least two years of relevant work experience within tourism or the hospitality industry.
- Proficiency in English or French, reading and writing skills is mandatory.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Read the instruction below before filling the online form. If you experience any difficulty in completing the form, send an eamil to scholarships-bourses-at-cbie.ca.
To complete the application process, applicants must:
- Complete the online form
- Individuals who do not have an International Scholarships Canada Application Tool account will first need to Register an account.
- Under the section “For Non-Canadians”, applicants will need to go to the Canada-CARICOM Virtual University Scholarship Program and click on Apply Now.
- Enter data in the fields marked mandatory, following instructions for each item;
- Upload all required documents
- Upon completion, verify the information entered prior to submission
- Print the form for their records using the print function in the browser; and
- Click SUBMITS to provide their form electronically to DFATD. A confirmation message and reference number will be provided once their form is submitted.
Application Closing Date:
June 14, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/