CSIRO is currently accepting applications from international students for the CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship In Root-Soil Water Interactions for 2018-2019. CSIRO Agriculture & Food is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and creative Postdoctoral Fellow to work alongside existing staff in other to improve farm-level prediction of plant available water capacity. See below for more information on the fellowship.
Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Field Of study:
Fellowships are awarded in Root-Soil Water Interactions. Postdoctoral Fellows work closely with a leading Research Scientist or Engineer in their respective field.
Fellowships $80k to $91k plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are qualified to apply.
Eligibility For The CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship In Root-Soil Water Interactions:
To be eligible for the award, applicants must meet the following:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in soil physics, crop-soil interactions or functional root phenotyping or related discipline. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 4 years of relevant postdoctoral experience.
- High level is written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences.
- Must demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge of root-soil interactions, water and nitrogen cycling, transformations and interactions within soil and plant systems.
- Demonstrated ability to design, conduct, analyse and interpret quantitative field and/or laboratory experiments.
- Applicants must be able to travel to field sites and other locations.
- Applicants must have a current driver’s licence
- Must be fluent in English
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicant must follow strict instructions and apply for this position online, and enter requisition number 57079. Applicants will be required to upload a single document (maximum 2 MB) that includes your resume/CV and a cover letter that provides a short response for each of the selection criteria demonstrating your relevant experience.
Click here for more information on how to apply.
Application Closing Date:
July 24, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/