The PhD Studentship: Artificial Intelligence And Voice is now accepting applications from students who holds an MA or MRes in a relevant field of study at the Royal College of Art (RCA). The Royal College of Art (RCA) is a public research university in London, in the United Kingdom which offers postgraduate degrees in art and design to students from over 60 countries; it is the only entirely postgraduate art and design university in the world. From 2015 onwards, the RCA has consistently placed first in the QS World University Rankings in the Art and Design subject area. See details below on how to apply.
Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Field Of study:
Studentships are awarded in the area of artificial intelligence.
The award covers the following:
- A full fee waiver for the duration of their PhD studies at the RCA
- Stipend valued at £14,777 + £2,000 London weighting per annum (pro rata) (UK
- students only)
- £550 per annum to support travel to IBMiX
- Access to additional TECHNE funding:
- PhD supervision from RCA and IBMiX staff
- Access to the TECHNE training events programme, including a welcome event, student organised conferences, two residential congresses per year, ongoing workshops, conferences and development opportunities
- Workspace and access to specialist facilities
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are eligible to participate.
Eligibility For The PhD Studentship: Artificial Intelligence And Voice:
To be qualified, applicants must:
- Must hold an MA or MRes in a relevant field of study.
- The appliant will support by poviding the project an in-depth understanding of communication, art and sound practice and the wider theoretical and philosophical debates emerging in the field of AI research.
- It is desirable that the applicant has working knowledge of research methods and forms of analysis including, but not exclusive to, communication and arts practice, multimodality, voice and conversation theory. The candidate will have an active interest and experience in computational culture, sonic theory and ideally, but not necessarily, interaction design.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
All applicants will be required to submit the following documents to the RCA as part of the application process:
- A detaild CV
- Additional statement of up to one side of A4 demonstrating what they will bring to the project, how it fits with their previous experience and interests, and how they will shape the project.
- RCA PhD online application
- Education transcripts
- Two references
- Equal opportunities monitoring form
Application Closing Date:
August 13, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/