The Women for Africa Foundation is offering research fellowship to 14 women from Africa. Interested women should apply for the Women For Africa Foundation Visiting Senior Research Fellowships for 2018-2019. The programme is a six months Visiting Science by Women programme Fellowship whose aim is to contribute to the development of Africa through its women, and it is to be taken at various Centers in Spain. See details below for more information.
Beneficiaries must devote themselves entirely to the research at the assigned research centre and may not be beneficiaries of any other fellowship, grant, stipend or regular income during their research stay. Beneficiaries might be asked to formalise their relationship with the research centre in writing. In compliance with the local laws.
This is a six-month visiting senior research fellowship for 14 experienced African women researchers.
Field Of study:
The preferred areas of research include:
- Health and Bio-medicine
- Energy, Water and Climate Change
- Agriculture and Food Safety
- Mathematics, Information and Communication Technologies
- Economic Science
- Physics and Materials Sciences
In general, the duration of the research stays will be six continuous months. Nevertheless, depending on personal and professional needs, and with approval of the host research center, the planned research may be split in two stays within two years after the fellowship has been awarded. Successful candidates will have access to the following benefits:
- Return flight from their centre of origin to the host institution
- Living allowance of 2.400 Euros gross per month to cover accommodation, personal expenses, health and occupational accident insurance coverage.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
African women are eligible to apply.
Eligibility For The Women For Africa Foundation Visiting Senior Research Fellowships:
To be eligible forthe fellowship, applicants must meet the following:
- Applicants must be feale
- Must be a national of an African country
- Applicant must have a PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience
- Contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated
- Must have excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience
- Must have solid working knowledge of English
- Proven experience leading a research group
Beneficiaries of first, second and third edition are not eligible. Candidates must have already identified research groups in the host centres to confirm that their proposed research can be carried out in collaboration with those research groups and, when needed, in their laboratories.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Only applications submitted in English via the Science by Women micro site at www.mujeresporafrica.es will be accepted. They must include the following documents:
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- Full curriculum vitae
- Complete application form
- Brief but concise description of the project to be developed in the Spanish host centre (max. 2 pages)
Application Closing Date:
September 30, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/