IBEC is pleased to call for applications for master fellowships under its Master Programme for 2019. The fellows will carry out research in one of IBEC’s research groups in Barcelona. Boost your application by been the first to apply for the 550€ IBEC Master Fellowships For International Students In Spain.
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) conducts excellent interdisciplinary research at the fielf of engineering and life sciences in order to generate new knowledge by putting together fields like nanomedicine, biophysics, biotechnology, tissue engineering and the applications of health information technology. See below for more information.
Fellowships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Field Of study:
Successful fellows will carry out research in one of IBEC’s research groups in Barcelona.
The fellowship offers 5 fellowships granted with a monthly stipend of 550€ gross from January 1st to June 30th, 2019 to perform their Master thesis at IBEC. The minimum dedication is 20h/week.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Internationa students are welcome to apply.
Number Of Scholarships:
Five fellowships are available.
Eligibility For The 550€ IBEC Master Fellowships For International Students In Spain:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicants must have obtained a university degree or must hold an official university qualification from a country of the European Higher Education Area from 180 to 240 ECTS of official university studies at the time of deadline (11th October 2018).
- Applicants must have an average final mark of BSc of at least 8/10 (Spanish system) in Engineering and experimental sciences (physics, chemistry, etc.) or at least 8, 3/10 in Life sciences
- Applicants should be admitted in an official Master Programme of a Catalan University by October 31st, 2018. Exceptions for non-local universities may occur if the study plan and university guidelines allow him/her to do an internship according to the requirements of this call. These cases will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Must demonstrare strong commitment to scientific research and an excellent academic record.
- Must have a good working knowledge of English.
- Applicants are eligible for a period of 2 years following the end of the Bachelor degree at the time of deadline October 11th, 2018.
- Applicants must demonstrate high motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
- Preference will be givent to applicants with mobility experience, participation in research projects and/or other merits
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants will be required to provide the following information online:
- Personal data.
- Cover letter stating your motivation for applying.
- A soft copy of your Certified Academic Record, showing grades obtained (degree). If these are not in Catalan, Spanish or English, applicants should attach a translation in one of these languages.
- Education: what, when and where you have studied. For BSc obtained in non-Spanish universities, to standardize the final marks in your application form, we will need that you submit your educational certificate using the relation of scales of foreign grades to the equivalent Spanish grades provided by the General Secretariat of Universities of the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport (instructions and template included in the application form).
- One letter of recommendation from lecturers or researchers with whom you have studied or worked and who can judge your potential as a Master student. Only letters with official letterhead and signature will be accepted. Please be sure to inform your referee that his/her letter must be uploaded in the online application tool before the deadline (11th October 2018) 2 . (Reference letter cannot be provided by IBEC’s Group Leader or associated researcher).
- In the application form applicant will put in order of priority up to 2 group leaders or Associated Researchers.
- Applicants must inform about the title and University of the Master Programme in which they wish to enroll.
- The registration form must be duly completed and submitted before the deadline of the registration.
Application Closing Date:
October 11, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/