The Marine Research Institute (Ma-Re) University of Cape Town is offering postgraduate research fellowship for interantaiona students to study in South Afriaca. Hurry now and apply for the 2018-2019 Marine Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship At University Of Cape Town. The fellowship is open for students that has experience with the implementation of regional or global ocean numerical models, data analysis and visualization. See details below on how to apply for the fellowship.
Fellowship is awarded to pursue a postgraduate research programme
Field Of study:
Ma-Re seeks a Research Associate (UCT post-doctoral research fellow) as part of the international project “Humpback Whales in a Changing Climate”, in collaboration with Australia and other South African universities. The student will develop the modelling component of the project to study the role of ocean conditions in determining the migratory patterns in the Southern Ocean and along the eastern coast of South Africa. A combination of large scale and regional scale ocean models will be used, in conjunction with ocean biogeochemistry models of various complexities.
The fellowship award is valued between R300 000 and R400 000 per annum, depending on research experience. Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are non-taxable, meaning that fellowships must be granted without fringe benefits and no services are required of the successful applicants in return for the fellowship beyond the agreed research activity.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are qualified to apply
Eligibility For The 2018 Marine Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship At University Of Cape Town:
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an international student
- Applicants must have achieved the doctoral degree within the past 5 years
- Applicants may not previously have held full-time permanent professional or academic posts
- No benefits or allowances are included in the value of the fellowship
- The successful incumbent will be required to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures and practices for the postdoctoral sector
- The successful Applicants may, as part of their professional development, be requested to participate in departmental activities such as limited teaching and cosupervision and incidental duties
- PDRFs are permitted to undertake part-time employment for no more than 12 hours per week. Such remunerated employment is taxable.
- Must be fluent in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
To apply, Applicants should send an email application to ma-re-at-uct.ac.za and attach the following:
- A cover letter describing research experience, interests, and collaborative experience
- A curriculum vitaen
- List of publications
- Certified transcripts of academic qualifications at tertiary level
- Contact information for two (2) scientific referees.
Application Closing Date:
Applications will stay open until the position is filled. However, it is anticipated that the fellowship will commence in September 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/