The Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) at Kyoto University, Japan, invites applications for a two-year CSEAS Postdoctoral Fellowship under its program “Japan-ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies.” Boost your application by been the first to apply for the 2018 CSEAS Postdoctoral Fellowship For Worldwide Students In Japan.
This transdisciplinary program seeks to promote sustainable development in Southeast Asia by analyzing the complex interactions between ecological and socio-political environments; by developing strategies and techniques for managing social, political, economic, cultural and environmental challenges; and by creating a platform for dialogue among scholars from across disciplines (including the natural sciences) and with practitioners in non-academic institutions, government, non-government, and international organizations. See below for more information.
Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral degree programme.
Field Of study:
Fellowship is awarded under its program “Japan-ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies.”We attend to a variety of issues, such as:
- Environmental degradation
- Natural resource governance
- Economic growth and distribution
- Ageing, health, and welfare
- Urbanization and depopulation
- Emerging infectious diseases
- Natural disasters
The root causes of these pressing issues must be understood and solutions must be sought beyond the confinement of nationalism, academic disciplinarity, and barriers separating academic and non-academic stakeholders.
The fellowship covers:
- A monthly salary of approximately JPY 350,000 which is subjected to taxation, social insurance and other deductions in accordance with Japanese law,
- Health and social insurance system.
- Shared working space and access to office facilities and library resources at Kyoto University will be also provided.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Students around the world are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The 2018 CSEAS Postdoctoral Fellowship For Worldwide Students In Japan:
Applicants must meet the following:
- Preference will be given to researchers with a Ph.D. or proof of a solid research and publication track record in area studies, sociocultural anthropology, geography, sociology, economics, politics, political economy, political ecology, forestry, biology, medicine, ecology, hydrology, climate science, fisheries science, environmental science, disaster science, natural resources, governance or related disciplines.
- The applicant must not be the recipient of a JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship or similar programs at the time of employment.
- While the application is open to candidates from all regions of the world, cogniizance will be given to applicants from Southeast Asia or who have Southeast Asian heritage.
- Additionally, we have a preference for candidates who work in maritime/insular Southeast Asia.
- Proficiency in English is mandatory
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants should download and complete the application form and attach the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (must include information on language skills, both oral and written; list of presentations at international academic conferences and seminars; fieldwork experiences; list of grants and awards; and the complete list of publications, indicating which ones are refereed)
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of major publications (two samples with abstracts; electronic copies or photocopies are acceptable)
- Summary of scholarly activities and achievements (1200 words or less)
- Statement of your research, writing, and publication goals for this fellowship, and your contribution to the research theme or topic(s) outlined by the research cluster that you wish to be a part of (1200 words)
The recommendation letter can be directly sent from the referee via postdoc-at-cseas.kyoto-u.ac.jp by email attachment.
Application Closing Date:
August 31, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/