$6,500 Medical Science Graduate Program Scholarships At University Of Alberta is available as a contribution to the stipend of students registered full time in a thesis based MSc or PhD in Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSGP) in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
That is, doctoral students must submit a PhD proposal package within 24 months of the start of their graduate program and must pass the candidacy exam within 6 months of the MSGPC’s approval of their proposal. See details below for more information.
The programme is available for graduate students.
Field Of study:
Medical Science Graduate Program Scholarships are awarded to study the subject offered by the university.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Canadian students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility For The $6,500 Medical Science Graduate Program Scholarships At University Of Alberta:
To be successful, applicants must demonstrare the following:
- Applicant must be currently registered or accepted to start as of January 2019 as a full-time thesis-based graduate student in the Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSc or PhD) in one of the following departments in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry:
Note: Applications from Laboratory Medicine & Pathology are limited to those whose degree will be “Medical Sciences – Laboratory Medicine & Pathology”. Students admitted to the independent LMP program (September 2013 onward) are ineligible’s
- The applicant may not concurrently hold any major awards ($13,000 or greater), or any other stipend award from the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (e.g. 75th Anniversary Award, FoMD/AHS Student Recruitment Studentships, Motel Graduate Studentship).
- The applicant may be eligible to hold this award more than once.
- Award will be withdrawn if the student completes his/her program or ceases to maintain full-time registration
- Must have a good command of English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The following documents should be submitted alongside the application form:
- A completed current application form with original signatures. Previous applications must not be use as forms are updated on a regular basis.
- The applicants’s up-to-date transcripts in letter size unofficial and copies of original are acceptable as long as they are copied to letter size 8 1/2 x 11).
- All non-Urfaa transcripts must include a Weighted Average Calculator Form to be completed by the department you are admitted in.
- Must include current Urfa transcript even if there are no grades yet.
- Two confidential letters of reference which should be received in a signed and sealed envelope
- Curriculum vitae, reprints, a ranking of applicants, or other documentation are not required and must not be attached to the application.
Application Closing Date:
28 September 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/