The Umea University is offering PhD Position Within Biochemistry – Autophagy Mechanisms. This scholarship is available to local & international students to provide excellent facilities and state-of-art equipment and platforms in a creative, inspiring, international and highly interactive environment. Applicants with very good language skills in English, both spoken and written, are encouraged to apply. Experiences in cell imaging, western blotting, molecular cloning, siRNA, CRISPR-Cas, and/or protein expression and protein purification are strong merits. See below for more details.
It is awarded to pursue a PhD programme.
Field Of study:
Scholarships are awarded to study Biochemistry – Autophagy mechanisms.
Salaries are paid on a monthly basis according to the established salary level for doctoral employment.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Both local and international students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The PhD Position Within Biochemistry – Autophagy Mechanisms:
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have completed a second-cycle level degree, or completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits are at second-cycle level or have an equivalent education from abroad or equivalent qualifications.
- To fulfil the specific entry requirements to be admitted for studies at the third-cycle level in chemistry, you are required to have completed first-cycle courses of at least 90 ECTS credits within the field of chemistry or another subject considered to be directly relevant to the specialization in question. Of those 90 ECTS credits, at least 15 ECTS credits shall have been acquired at the second-cycle level within the specialization or an equivalent subject.
- Must have a good command of English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The application must contain the following documents:
- A cover letter including a description of your qualifications, research interests and motivation for applying (max 2 pages)
- A certified Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of degree certificates or equivalent, including documentation of completed academic courses and obtained grades
- Name and contact information of at least two referees
Application Closing Date:
September 3, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/