The Department of Geography and Economic History is recruiting a PhD student in social and economic geography to study for 2018/2019 academic session. Applicant awarded the PhD Student Position In Social And Economic Geography is expected to work within the framework of two ongoing research projects: Mobilising the rural: post-productivism and the new economy (FORMAS) and Grapes of Wrath? Global labour mobility in the wild berry industry affecting rural development in Sweden and Thailand. The PhD position requires oral and written knowledge in Scandinavian languages (preferably Swedish). See details below for more information.
Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Field Of study:
The holder of this position is expected to work within the framework of two ongoing research projects: Mobilising the rural: post-productivism and the new economy (FORMAS) and Grapes of Wrath? Global labour mobility in the wild berry industry affecting rural development in Sweden and Thailand.
Applicants will be awarded salaries monthly.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The PhD Student Position In Social And Economic Geography:
Applicants must meet the following:
- Must have 240 ECTS-credits of higher education studies of which at least 60 should be on an advanced level (Master level), at least 90 credits must be in social and economic geography or related disciplines, and at least 30 credits must be awarded for successful thesis work in social and economic geography or related disciplines.
- Applicants must be proficient in both oral and written communication in English and have proven insight into research in social science.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a group as well as independently.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The following documents must be provided to complete the application:
- Research proposal presenting your research ideas and how they contribute to the current literature, including the project’s relation to the research group (no more than four pages excluding references).
- A cover letter summarizing your qualifications, scientific interests and motives for applying (max two pages)
- Certified CV
- Diplomas of bachelor and Master level degrees
- Bachelor/Master theses work/other relevant publications
- Other documents of relevance for the position
- Contact information to two referees
Note that incomplete applications will not be processed.
Your application must be registered in Umeå University e-recruitment system no later than 2018-08-17.
Application Closing Date:
August 17, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/