Are you a researcher in history? Hurry now and apply for the Postdoctoral Position in History at Umeå University. The Department of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher in History. The employment period is two years full-time (100%).Applications are welcome from International students who are reseachers and have strong interest in applying for the award. See details below for more information.
Position is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Field Of study:
Position is awarded in epidemiology or public health.
Applicants will be awarded salaries monthly.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The Postdoctoral Position in History at Umeå University:
Tobe successful, applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Applicants who has been awarded a doctorate or a foreign qualification deemed to be the equivalent of a doctorate shall be qualified for employment as a postdoctoral researcher.
- For this position, a doctoral degree in history, or the equivalent, is required. A precondition is that the applicant has not previously been employed as a Postdoc at Umeå University for more than a year within the same or equivalent discipline.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have completed their doctoral degree no more than three years before the closing date of the application. An applicant who has completed their degree prior to this time period may be taken into consideration if special circumstances exist. Special circumstances include absence due to illness, parental leave or clinical practice, appointments of trust in trade union organizations or similar circumstances.
- Must have a good command of English (both written and oral).
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The application should be written in English or Swedish and should include the following documents:
- A letter of interest that states the applicant’s motivation for applying for the present position and briefly explains how the research project proposed can benefit from the research competence available at the department (1-2 pp)
- Curriculum Vitae and validated copies of degree certificates (date of thesis defense and its title, current and previous positions, grants, awards, research collaborations)
- List of publication with electronic copies of 3-5 of the most relevant works, the thesis included
- A research plan that describes the research that the applicant intends to do during the employment as postdoc (3-5 pp)
- (5) A list of 2-3 referees including their positions and contact details
The application is to be sent via e-recruiting system Varbi, no later than September 14th, 2018.
Application Closing Date:
September 14th, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/