TU Wien, TU Graz, and JKU Linz are currently accepting applications for its new 16 new PhD positions for talented and motivated students for their joint doctoral program Logics to work in the following fundamental fields of computer science. The PhD Studentships For All Nationalities At LogiCS Doctoral College is aimed at highly motivated students who want to work in the field of Logical Methods in Computer Science. LogiCS focuses on logic and its applications in computer science. Successful applicants will work on interdisciplinary research topics. See below for more information.
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Field Of study:
These scholarship positions are awarded in LogiCS Doctoral College – Logical Methods in Computer Science. Topics of Research
LogiCS focuses on logic and its applications in computer science. Successful applicants will work on interdisciplinary research topics covering
- Computational logic
- Databases and artificial intelligence,Computer-aided verification, and
Emerging application domains, such as cyber-physical systems, distributed systems, and security & privacy.
The LogiCS program is funded by the Austrian Science Fund (Fonds zur Förderung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung, FWF). In accordance with FWF regulations and the collective bargaining agreement of the Austrian universities, the doctoral students will be employed as a researcher at a yearly salary of EUR 21,284.48 after taxes and social/health insurance deductions (effective January 2017; the average Austrian salary over all age groups is EUR 20,543.00). There are additional salary supplements and tax deductions for families with children. TU Vienna, TU Graz and JKU doctoral students from Austria, EU or EEA countries, and students with a residence permit for researchers are exempt from tuition fees for four years. All doctoral students of the LogiCS program fall into one of these categories. Tuition fees are waived even after four years for students who are citizens of lesser developed countries, refugees, disabled people, or in the case of primary care of children up to the age of seven.
Number Of Scholarships:
16 positions are available.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Citizens from all nationalities are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The PhD Studentships For All Nationalities At LogiCS Doctoral College:
Applicants must meet the following:
- Applicants should hold an MSc or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields, and an excellent record of study.
- Applicants with comparable achievements (e.g., bachelor of honours) may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants with revious knowledge in the areas of the doctoral college (computational logic, databases/AI, verification) is desirable but not required.
- However, command of the English language can be proven in many ways, depending on a student’s prior education. To this end, students should hand in any language certificates, diplomas, etc. as a part of the application documents. Applicants’ adequate command of the English language will also be assessed during the application interviews.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants should download the application form and follow the instructions below. All information provided in the application form must be accurate and complete. All correspondence will be made via e-mail using the e-mail address you have specified in the online application form. Please check your e-mails regularly and keep your mailbox ready to receive.
Attach 2 separate PDF files as follows:
Important: The PDF form has to be filled out electronically and saved in PDF format. To ensure the data is saved properly, we recommend that you use Adobe Reader. We cannot accept scanned versions – the form will be processed electronically.
All other required documents in the order stated below. Please merge all these documents (except the application form) into a single PDF file named documents.pdf. The file size should not exceed 5 MB.
- Evidence of prior achievement
Degree certificates (Bachelor’s and Master’s degree or higher) of a post-secondary education institution including course transcripts and an explanation of the grading system(s) used in these degree certificates.
- Abstract of diploma / Master’s thesis
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- At least two letters of recommendation
At least one of your referees should have a scientific background.
If your referees prefer, letters of recommendation may be sent separately to info-at-logic-cs.at clearly indicating the applicant’s name.
- Certificate of English language proficiency (see below)
- Scan of the applicant’s passport
Only the pages containing your personal data and picture.
- Officially certified transcripts of degree certificate(s)
Only for non-EU citizens (excl. Swiss nationals).
- Optional: Research proposal
- Evidence of prior achievement
Application Closing Date:
August 31, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/