Are you an international student interested for a postdoctoral position in magnetospheric physics? The Department of Physics is looking for an outstanding applicant for a postdoctoral position in magnetospheric physics. Boost your application by been the first to apply for the Department Of Physics Postdoctoral Position In Magnetospheric Physics. The postdoctoral project will be conducted in close collaboration with scientists from the University of Colorado, the Finnish Meteorological Institute, and Shandong University, Weihai. See below for more information.
Positions are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Field Of study:
Scholarships are awarded in the field of magnetospheric physics.
Salaries are paid on a monthly basis according to the established salary level for postdoctoral employment.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The Department Of Physics Postdoctoral Position In Magnetospheric Physics:
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following:
- Applicants must have a PhD degree or a foreign degree that is deemed equivalent, in space physics, magnetospheric physics or in another area relevant for the project. To be eligible the degree should have been completed a maximum of three years before the end of the application period unless certain circumstances exist.
- Must have an extensive experience in studying space plasma phenomena by analyzing in-situ spacecraft measurements.
- Must have previous experience from working with ground-based data and numerical simulations.
- Must have experience from conducting independent research and publishing articles in renowned scientific journals.
- Applicant must have good skills in programming (e.g. C, Matlab and Python).
- Must have previous experience from teaching in the university.
- Must be highly motivated and responsible
- Must have good social skills,
- Applicant must be passionate about developing both as an individual scientist and as a space physics research team member.
- Applicant must therefore, have an ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Must possess good skills in written and spoken English are required.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The following documents must be submitted:
- A cover letter stating your motives for applying and summarizing your qualifications for the position, your previous research and teaching experience as well as your experience in the area mentioned above (maximum 5 pages).
- A description of how you would approach the project described above and a suggestion of a tentative research plan that fits your expertise (maximum 5 pages),
- A curriculum vitae (CV) with a publication list,
- Copies of relevant degree certificates,
- Copies of the PhD thesis and relevant publications,
- Contact information of three reference persons.
Please observe that all material must be in Swedish or English. If the material is submitted in other languages a translation to Swedish or English must be included.
Application Closing Date:
September 3, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/