The Umea University is inviting applications for PhD scholarship within Biochemistry – Autophagy mechanisms. The PhD Position Within Biochemistry – Autophagy Mechanisms is awarded for the purpose of providing excellent facilities and state-of-art equipment and platforms in a creative, inspiring, international and highly interactive environment. International students who are interested are advised to apply before the closing date. See details below for more information.
Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Field Of study:
Scholarships are awarded to study Biochemistry – Autophagy mechanisms.
Salaries are paid on a monthly basis according to the established salary level for doctoral employment.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International and local students are welcome to perticipate.
Eligibility For The PhD Position Within Biochemistry – Autophagy Mechanisms:
Applicants must meet the following:
- Applicants must have completed a second-cycle level degree, or completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits are at second-cycle level or have an equivalent education from abroad or equivalent qualifications.
- Applicants are required to have completed first-cycle courses of at least 90 ECTS credits within the field of chemistry or another subject considered to be directly relevant to the specialization in question. Of those 90 ECTS credits, at least 15 ECTS credits shall have been acquired at the second-cycle level within the specialization or an equivalent subject.
- Must possess a very good language skills in English, both spoken and written, is required. Experiences in cell imaging, western blotting, molecular cloning, siRNA, CRISPR-Cas, and/or protein expression and protein purification are strong merits.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
To complete the application process< the following documents must be provided:
- A cover letter including a description of your qualifications, research interests and motivation for applying (max 2 pages)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of degree certificates or equivalent, including documentation of completed academic courses and obtained grades
- Name and contact information of at least two reference personsApplications must be submitted via the e-recruitment system. For further information you are welcome to contact Professor Yaowen Wu, E-mail: [email protected] Website: http://www.chemistry.umu.se/english/research/group-leaders/yaowen-wu/
Application Closing Date:
September 3, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/