The new NASA Animation Fellowship is calling for applications from international students to study in the USA. This is yearlong fellowship available for Animators. Interested students with an interest in science, space, and science communication will find this fellowship particularly rewarding and are welcome to apply for the USRA NASA Space Animation Fellowship before the deadline. Successful fellows will work with computers, animation and rendering software. will also, work in a laboratory setting with several other animators.
It is an independent, non-profit research corporation where the combined efforts of in-house talent and university-based expertise merge to advance space science and technology. See below for more details on how to apply.
This is yearlong fellowship program for Animators.
Field Of study:
It is a yearlong program for animators wishing to explore the intersection of animation, motion graphics and science. You will work with an outstanding team of animators, data visualizers, video producers, and science writers.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Greenbelt, Maryland, United States.
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International citizens are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The USRA NASA Space Animation Fellowship:
To be qualified, applicants must adhere strictly to the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in animation, or fine arts-related field or currently enrolled in a degree program
- Must be an international citizen
- Must have experience in techniques for the production of motion graphics and 2D computer animation including storyboarding, modelling, texture mapping, compositing, and rendering.
- Experience with science or technology themes desired Experience in techniques for the production of motion graphics and 2D computer animation
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly After Effects, Photoshop
- Applicant must have experience with Maya a plus
- Must possess strong sense of composition, motion, light and colour
- Must demonstrate the skill to translate and visualizing complex concepts and ideas
- Experience with science or technology themes a plus
- Must have knowledge of animation techniques including creating motion graphics, rendering, and post-production
- Must have knowledge of general video production techniques
- Must be able to work collaboratively
- Must demonstrate the bility to give and take feedback
- Must have knowledge of timing, continuity, compositing
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
- To be considered you must include links to a demo reel or samples of work. We are especially interested in any motion graphics work you have related to science and technology subjects.
- Personal statement outlining your educational and professional development objectives. Describe your educational and professional experiences motivating your decision to pursue science animation.
- Resume with relevant work experience and educational highlights.
- Your resume, personal statement, and links to your reel must be combined into a single PDF.
Applicants should apply online and include a letter of interest, resume, or curriculum vita. Review of candidates will begin immediately.
Application Closing Date:
Open for applications
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/