Applications are currently ongoing at the new New Zealand Harkness Fellowships for mid-career professionals. This fellowship is awarded in any field of study or vocation (excluding health care policy and practice) to study or research in the United States for between eight and twelve weeks. Boost your application by been the first to apply for the NZ$30,000 Fulbright New Zealand Harkness Fellowships For Mid-Career Professionals for 2018-2019 academic year.
The purpose of the fellowship is to enable appointed Fellows to gain first-hand knowledge and build contacts in their chosen field of endeavour that will be highly relevant to the NZ context and future NZ/US links.
This fellowship is available for mid-career professionals. The Fellowship is not intended for post-graduate or academic research. It provides an opportunity for emerging leaders in New Zealand to develop their ideas, practices and contacts
Field Of study:
You could be looking at how the rise of cryptocurrencies will impact tax policies or the use of artificial intelligence to deliver better government services. The common theme to the work of our past Harkness Fellows is that they have returned from the US with ideas, knowledge and contacts to apply here to make sure we have a world-class public sector capable of responding to emerging challenges and opportunities.
The fellowship covers the following:
- NZ$30,000 is offered in 2018 (for an award start date in 2019).
- New Zealand Harkness Fellowships are intended to contribute towards travel costs (international and domestic)
- Accommodation and per diem expenses. The funds are not intended for the purchase of equipment or any other research costs.
- Additional costs, in excess of NZ$30,000, must be met by the Fellow and/or their New Zealand employer.
- A basic health benefit plan covering a maximum of US$50,000 per sickness or injury.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
New Zealand students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The NZ$30,000 Fulbright New Zealand Harkness Fellowships For Mid-Career Professionals:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen who is currently residing in New Zealand;
- Applicants must be an early to mid-career professional active in any part of the public sector;
- Applicants must be a potential leader and opinion-formers in your chosen field;
- Applicants must have an interest in learning from your experience in the US and be capable of putting to effect in NZ, relevant lessons learned.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants should download and compplete the application form and submit alongside the following documents:
- A CV of no more than four pages;
- A scan of the photo page of your passport;
- A letter of invitation from a potential host organisation in the US;
- A short statement about any previous experience in the US;
- A statement from your employer about your leadership experience and potential;
- A letter from your employer confirming their support for your participation in the programme;
- A one-page project statement; and
- References from three referees (the letter from your employer can count).
Application Closing Date:
October 14, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/