The University of Amsterdam is offering postdoctoral research position in language and computation. The Postdoctoral Research Position In Language And Computation is available for international students. It is a renowned research institute at the University of Amsterdam, in which researchers from the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Science collaborate. The research carried out at Humanities forms one of the six research schools within this faculty. See details below for more information.
Position is available to study Postdoctoral research Programme.
Field Of study:
Position is available in language and computation.
Salary €3,303 to €3,916 gross per will be awarded.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The Postdoctoral Research Position In Language And Computation:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicants must have a PhD degree in computational linguistics or computer science with a strong focus on language, or another related field;
- Applicants must have an excellent record of publication in top journals;
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong motivation to undertake excellent academic research;
- Applicants must be able and willing to work in a team and in an interdisciplinary setting;
- Applicants must have an excellent command of English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The application must include the following:
- A cover letter of maximum two A4 pages explaining your reasons for applying for the position and how they can contribute to the project in terms of both teamwork and expertise (with reference to your doctoral studies, publication record and writing sample);
- A CV, including: (a) details of studies and in particular a list of completed courses and corresponding grades; (b) a list of all relevant outputs (especially articles and talks); (c) the names of two referees;
- A writing sample of maximum 8,000 words. This can (but need not be) a chapter of your PhD thesis, in which case it is expected that the writing sample would still be sufficiently self-contained. The writing sample should be demonstrably relevant to the project’s themes and objectives.
Application Closing Date:
September 25, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://easyscholarships.info/category/scholarships/