The Copenhagen Business School is offering PhD Scholarship in young people’s self-organised networks and communities, democratic governance and social media for 2018/2019 academic year. This scholarship is available for international students. The CISTAS Project PhD Scholarship For International Students In Denmark aims to investigate how inclusion/ exclusion mechanism takes place in new and informal associations and networks, and the role played by social media and its consequences for democratic governance. See below for more details.
Scholarship is available to study PhD programme.
Field Of study:
Scholarship is awarded in the CISTAS project at the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy (MPP).
A PhD scholarship runs for a period of 3 years and includes teaching obligations equivalent to ½ year’s work (840 work hours). The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 23.770 up to DKK 28.964 depending on seniority, plus a pension contribution totalling 17,1 % of 85 per cent of the base salary.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are invitedto apply.
Eligibility For The CISTAS Project PhD Scholarship For International Students In Denmark:
To be qualified, the following must be met:
- applicants must hold a Master in social science disciplines and/or humanities
- Applicants must demonstrate high theoretical and methodological competencies
- Applicants must demonstrate their potential ability to contribute to and enrich the principal components of the CISTAS project in general and the topic of young people’s self-organised communities, democratic governance and social media when formulating their PhD research proposal (max 5 pages).
- Must demonstrate professional proficiency in English and Danish (written and spoken) enough to work empirically with young people’s self-organised networks and communities as well as to disseminate research findings to a broader audience.
- Applicants must have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process). An educational background in the social sciences is necessary. The applicant must have successfully completed the Master degree before commencing PhD at CBS.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants must apply online.
Application Closing Date:
October 1, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/