Applications are currently ongoing at the Auckland University of Technology for Faculty of Culture and Society scholarship. Successful AUT student will join a diverse and collaborative community. Our facilities are outstanding, we’re proud of our connections with the community. Hurry now and apply for the $5,000 Auckland University Faculty Of Culture And Society Scholarship before deadline. This scholarship is available for international students. See below for more details.
Scholarship is available for the postgraduate program.
Field Of study:
School of Education, School of Language and Culture, School of Hospitality Tourism and Gastronomy, School of Social Science and Public Policy.
Stipend scholarships may be awarded to top applicants. In cases where full fees plus a stipend is awarded the stipend will be valued at $5,000 during the twelve-month period.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The $5,000 Auckland University Faculty Of Culture And Society Scholarship:
- Applicants must be either studying at AUT at the time of application or have completed their qualifying degree in a relevant field at AUT or another New Zealand University no more than two years prior at the time of application.
- Applicants must have achieve a minimum GPA minimum of 7.00 (A-) across a minimum of 120pts in the final year of their qualifying degree; or
- Applicants must be registered in ARION as having M?ori or Pacific first ethnicity and achieve a minimum GPA of 6.5 (B+/A-) across 120pts in the final year of their qualifying degree.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate significant financial hardship and achieve a minimum GPA of 6.5 (B+/A-) across 120pts in the final year of their qualifying degree.
- When an applicant has undertaken an approved international exchange programmed during the final year of their qualifying degree the GPA will be assessed across the AUT papers only. Evidence of grades for papers undertaken as part of the exchange will be required once available.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible to reapply to support the same programmed of study in subsequent years.
- An applicant wishing to be considered as under financial hardship will be required to provide evidence i.e. IRD statement of income plus supply a reference from someone other than a family member supporting the financial need.
- Applicants must intend to enrol full-time (no less than 120pts per annum) in the twelve months following application.
- The successful applicants will be selected by a panel of representatives from the Faculty of Culture and Society.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
To complete the application process, applicants must complete the AUT Postgraduate Scholarship Application online six weeks prior to the closing date. Applications will open in October of the year preceding study for Semester 1 study or May for study in Semester 2. The following documentation must be received on or before the closing date.
- A one-page personal statement outlining the applicant’s academic goals and career aspirations stating why they believe they merit the scholarship. If the applicant is applying under the category Maori or Pacific they must outline their cultural involvement
- The personal statement should also attach an outline of recent leadership positions or responsibilities held within the University or community.
- If an applicant wishes to be considered under the Financial Hardship category they must address this in their personal statement and upload evidence of their financial position i.e. an IRD statement of income and provide the details of a referee, other than a family member or friend, who can support the applicant’s financial need.
- A copy of the applicant’s transcript will be added to the application by the Scholarships Office once grades have been finalized.
Application Closing Date:
November 15, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/