The Southwell School is invting applications for the $6,000 Duncan & Ebbett Scholarship For Years 7 and/or Year 8 Students to study in New Zealand. The scholarship aims to provide financial support to a student whose financial situation may preclude them from attending Southwell School. Citizens of New Zealand can apply for the scholarship.
It is an independent co-educational Anglican boarding and day school set in 32 acres of park like grounds in central Hamilton, New Zealand. South well offers education to children aged 5 to 13 years. See details below for more information.
Scholarship is available to Years 7 and/or Year 8 students.
Field Of study:
Successful students will study the courses offered by the university
The level of funding will be $1,500 per Term to a total of $6,000 per annum, off Tuition fees.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
New Zealand citizens or those who have permanent residency status are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The $6,000 Duncan & Ebbett Scholarship For Years 7 and/or Year 8 Students:
To be qualified, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The Scholarship is tenable for the duration of the successful student’s education at Southwell School in Years 7 and/or Year 8.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or have permanent residency status and must ordinarily reside in New Zealand.
- The Scholarship is open to either new Day or Boarding students currently in Year 6 or Year 7.
- The applicant must demonstrate considerable promise and commitment to achieve their full potential in more than one area but not limited to academic/sporting/musical/cultural achievement.
- The Scholarship is awarded only when the selection committee is satisfied that the scholarship criteria have been attained.
- Applications for the Duncan & Ebbett Scholarship will be accepted only if presented on the attached application form with required enclosures by the closing date.
- Shortlisted applicants and their parents/caregivers will be asked to attend an interview with the Headmaster.
- All applicants will be advised in writing as to the success or otherwise of their scholarship application by Friday 28 September 2018.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
As part of the application process, the following must be provided:
- Applicant must provide a short piece of writing (no more than a page) explaining how receiving this scholarship would make a difference to the applicant’s future.
- Providethe name of a person (teacher, tutor, minister of religion, coach etc) who can be contacted for a referee’s report on the applicant.
- Attach a copy of a recent school report, either the final report from last year or the current mid-year report.
- Attach a list of extra-curricular activities and achievements.
- Attach a copy of the applicant’s Birth Certificate.
- Attach a completed Southwell School application form a condition of application is that the scholarship, if awarded, will be accepted by the parent/guardian on behalf of the candidate and be kept confidential.
Click here to apply.
Application Closing Date:
September 14, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/