The Open University is calling for applications for full-time funded PhD Studentships for the academic year beginning 1 February 2019. Interested students should hurry now and apply for the £14,533 PhD Studentships For International Students At Open University before deadline as late applications will not be welcome.
The Open University (OU) is public distance learning and Research University, and one of the biggest universities in the UK for undergraduate education. See details below for more information.
Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Field Of study:
PhD project titles we are offering are listed below and you can find out more by clicking on the individual links:
Centre for Policing Research and Learning (CPRL)
Centre for Voluntary Sector Leadership (CVSL)
- CVSL 02 The contribution of leadership in small and medium charities navigating change and transition
Department of Accounting and Finance (DAF)
Department of People and Organisations (DPO)
- DPO 04 The experiences of transpeople in the UK labour market
- DPO 05 Grassroots spaces of recovery
- DPO 06 Animals in and beyond organisations, post-humanism and anthropocentricism
Department of Strategy and Marketing (DSM)
Department of Public Leadership and Social Enterprise (PuLSE)
- PuLSE 11 Exploring enterprise, learning and growth from craft workshops to makerspaces
- PuLSE 12 Promoting environmental sustainability in SMEs the role of intermediaries
- PuLSE 13 Economic Citizenship and Governance in Brexit times
- PuLSE 14 Understanding the relationship between identity and ethics in collaborative settings
- LAW 08 Critical Perspectives on Blockchain Law and Regulation
- LAW 09 Pedagogies and practices within UK legal education
- LAW 10 Shifting paradigms within lawyering
The award covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- A generous research training support grant
- A stipend (circa £14,533 per annum) for 36 months
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are welcome to perticipate.
Eligibility For The 14,533 PhD Studentships For International Students At Open University:
To be successful, the following must be met:
- Applicants should have minimum qualifications of an upper second class honours degree 2:1 (or an equivalent) and usually a specialist masters in a subject relevant to the intended study with a strong research element.
- Applicants must be an international citizen.
- Applicants who speak English as a foreign language and/or are applying for a Tier 4 visa must have achieved SELTS (Secure English Language Test) from a UK Border Agency-approved provider at level B2 or above in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), in all four elements (reading, writing, listening, speaking).
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Application must include the following:
- A complete application form
- A 1000 word proposal which indicates your knowledge of the literature, methods and likely approach to your project of interest
- A cover letter indicating your suitability for the project
- Certificates with transcripts, if possible, confirming your professional qualifications relevant to your application
Application Closing Date:
October 8, 2018