SNU Scholarship For 6th International Winter Course Human Rights And Asia is now available on offer for the year 2019. This is a two weeks intensive course available for students from all around the world. It is designed to promote a better understanding of human rights issues in Asia, an opportunity to have multidimensional approach to human rights through presentations, discussions, and visiting to human rights organizations. Candidates with same vision and have interest in making it a reality are encouraged to apply. See below for more information.
Scholarships are awarded to study two weeks intensive course in Human Rights and Asia 2019. This course is designed for postgraduate students, junior researchers, activists, lawyers and national and international civil servants.
Field Of study:
The International Winter Course ‘Human Rights and Asia’ intends to allow participants to think about the universality of human rights in particular contexts of Asia and to gain a deepened understanding of human rights issues in this region.
The scholarship covers the following:
- Airfare (if applicable)
- Visa fee (if applicable)
- On-Campus accommodation (See 5 below.)
We do not provide stipend, breakfast, dinner during the weekdays and meals during the weekend.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Number Of Scholarships:
20 participants will be selected.
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Applicants from all over the continents are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The SNU Scholarship For 6th International Winter Course Human Rights And Asia:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicants must demonstrate a high level of interest in human rights and Asia, and this year’s special theme, economic and social rights.
- The entire course is taught in English. Fluency in oral and written English is therefore required.
- The number of participants is limited to 20 and participants will be selected in a way to ensure the diversity within participants in terms of professional and academic background, region and field of interests. The selected participants will be expected to attend all the sessions throughout the course and actively contribute to discussions.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants must provide the following:
- A Copy of Your Valid Passport (contain your photo)
- Application form [Annex I]
- Motivation Letter [Annex II]
- Research/Advocacy Plan [Annex III]
- Article Review [Annex IV]
- A Reference letterStep 1. Complete the following Application Documents contained in the annexes below and save this document under the file name: [Family Name & Given Name – Application 2019.docx]
* Please be sure to use the form below. We do not accept the other forms.
Step 2. Save your CV under the file name: [Family Name & Given Name – CV 2019]
Step 3. Send all files (Application Documents, CV and, a Copy of your passport) to hr-courses-at-snu.ac.kr with the subject line: [Family Name & Given Name – 2019]
Step 4. A Letter of Recommendation– In the recommendation letter, the referee must indicate his/her full title, name, affiliated organisation, and email address.The letter should be signed and sent personally as a PDF file to hr-courses-at-snu.ac.kr
– The name of the letter of recommendation file and the subject line of the e-mail should be [Family Name & Given Name of the Applicant – Recommendation 2019]. Please make sure the recommendation letter also meets the deadline below.
– Applicants must fill out the name of their referee in their application form.
Application Closing Date:
October 12, 2018