Applications are currently ongoint at the Canterbury for women who are studying undergraduate Power Engineering in the School of Engineering at the University. The $5,000 Transpower Scholarship For Women In Engineering supports women who are studying undergraduate Power Engineering in the School of Engineering at the University of Canterbury. Transpower established the scholarship in 2018 to encourage more women to enter the New Zealand electricity industry. See details below for more information.
Scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
Field Of study:
Scholarships are awarded to study in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Citizens of New Zealand are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The $5,000 Transpower Scholarship For Women In Engineering:
To be qualified, applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Applicants must be female and citizens of New Zealand or holders of New Zealand residence class visas.
- Applicants must be enrolled, full-time or part-time, in:
- Professional Year of a program for a Bachelor of Engineering with Honors degree
- At least one of the courses specifically required for a minor in Power Engineering for the Electrical and Electronic Engineering specialization.
- Applicants who are not enrolled in the First Professional Year by Direct Entry must have achieved an average GPA of at least 6.0 (B+ grade) in their most recent year of university study.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants should apply online.
Application Closing Date:
March 31, 2019