The King’s College is offering up to Four MRes + PhD Studentships within the British Heart Foundation Centre of Research Excellence in UK for 2019/20. Home/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this studentship. The British Heart Foundation MRes+PhD Studentships aims to impart a broad understanding of the fundamental biology of the cardiovascular system, the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying disorders of this system, and multi-disciplinary approaches towards the development of novel interventions for the amelioration of such disorders. See details below for more information.
Scholarship is awarded to pursue a PhD programme.
Field Of study:
Studentship is awarded to an outstanding environment for cardiovascular research training. It includes a large number of internationally rated investigators whose expertise encompasses a broad range of cardiac and vascular biomedicine.
The studentships provide a generous stipend (currently £22,278 in Year 1 for London-based students) and cover full-time tuition fee cost at the Home/EU rate. Exceptional candidates who qualify as International Students will be considered, if in possession of documented support to cover the tuition fee, the differential between the Home/EU and International rates (estimated in the region of £17,000 per annum).
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Home/EU and International students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The British Heart Foundation MRes+PhD Studentships:
To be successful, the following must be met:
- Applicants must possess, or be expected to achieve, a 1st or good upper 2nd class degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject. Where applicants have (or expect to obtain) an MSc degree, a distinction or merit is required.
- Applicants must have a good command of English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants must follow the steps outlined below to apply – PLEASE NOTE that applications can only be submitted online at the King’s Apply website after 1 October 2018:
- Register a new account and login
- Open a new application
- Select the programme:
- Select ‘Taught programmes’
- Enter ‘Cardio’, then Search
- Select:‘Cardiovascular Sciences MRes/PhD 1+3 (Full-Time)’. Your application cannot be considered if submitted under the incorrect programme.
- Attach the following documents:
- Supporting Statement – ensure you include a personal statement (but NOT a research proposal) and either copy this into the pre-defined box or upload to the website.
- References – these do not need to be received by the closing date; however, they will be required by the interview date, if you are invited.
- Funding – select drop-down ‘4. Grant Awarding Body’. There is no need to select a research council where prompted. For the award status, select ‘Advertised Scholarship’ and in the box marked ‘Ref No: please enter: ‘BHF4YR18.
Application Closing Date:
October 26, 2018
For more scholarship opportunities to study abroad click here: http://afrischolarships.com/category/scholarships/